Learn the principles, processes, service management governance, technology, and implementation considerations of ITIL service strategy.
In this course, you will be immersed in the overall concepts associated with the service strategy phase of the service lifecycle. You will get an introduction to the key principles of service strategy, and you will learn about the service strategy processes. You will discover the importance of governance and related frameworks, and you will examine implementation considerations and approaches, including organizational design, the role of technology, and service automation. Through lecture, exercises, and scenario-based exam questions, you’ll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices.
This course positions you to successfully complete the associated exam, which is offered on the last day of class at 3:00 pm for classroom students. Virtual students will receive a voucher for a webcam proctored exam which they can schedule at their convenience. Beginning on March 5th, 2018, students will receive their course materials through a link in their MyGK account. This is a BYOD course. Students can download their course materials and view them on a tablet/iPad or a PC/Mac.
The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Strategy management for IT services
- Service portfolio management
- Financial management for IT services
- Demand management
- Business relationship management
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of Axelos Limited, used under permission of Axelos Limited. All rights reserved.
What You’ll Learn
- Key service management concepts
- Service strategy principles related to the design of effective service and service management strategies
- Service strategy processes, including strategy management for IT services, service portfolio management, financial management for IT services, demand management, and business relationship management
- Importance of governance and related frameworks for creating and managing effective service strategies
- Relevant organizational and departmental design methods and techniques
- Service strategy technologies and service automation to support the service lifecycle
- Implementation strategies that follow and support a service lifecycle approach
Who Should Attend
- CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, and team leaders
- Service designers, IT architects, planners, consultants, and security managers
- Any other IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices related to service strategy
- Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT